The research surrounding HVAC systems is dense with options, recommendations, and misinformation. To help you with this important decision, we’ve narrowed it down to 5 things you should consider before making moves.
1. deciding your hvac system type
HVAC systems consist of 5 main types: packaged heating and air systems, split systems, hybrid systems, and ductless systems.
- Packaged system: heating and cooling all in one unit. Often installed outside, and an excellent choice for homes without a basement.
- Split system: You’ll see this system used the most, there are two main units: one provides heating while the other provides cooling.
- Hybrid system: A hybrid electric heater makes this system useful in that it decreases energy usage, it can can act as a backup to make the furnace more efficient.
- Ductless system: When the traditional system of ducts cannot be used, the ductless system can come in to save the day. An outside air conditioner is used for cooling, while a heat pump is used for heating and cooling.
- Geothermal: Uses ambient temperature of the earth to heat and cool a house.
2. HVAC SYSTEM COST
- The cost amongst different HVAC systems can vary greatly, and can also affected by the size of your home.
- Leo J Roth will be able to give you estimates for installation with your free quote.
- You may end up paying more for oversized equipment that does not fit your home size. It can also affect performance, leaving you uncomfortable while your system is running on too much power.
- Tree coverage and sun exposure can both affect your size requirements.
- An expert contractor will be able to tell you exactly what size is the best option for your home.
- You may choose the right system for your home, but excellent contractor work is a must to ensure installation is safe and professional. Leo J Roth audits your entire system before making recommendations on HVACs that will suit the specific needs of your home.
- All of Leo J Roth’s technicians are union members and have been through extensive training in order to install systems with paramount quality and safety.
5. other considerations
- Noise level: Different systems can present different noise levels to your home, depending on where is it installed. Our expert team can help to keep noise to a minimum.
- Efficiencies and costs over the long run
- Warranties: read the fine print! See if your manufacturers provide warranties, which can save time and money in the future.
If you’re considering a new HVAC system, don’t hesitate to reach out to Leo J Roth for a free quote today.